2018 Employees Making A Difference Program
The Employees Making a Difference program honors outstanding Classified/Confidential employees. Coordinated by SCOE and the local Association of California School Administrators, this local effort is the first step in a statewide program that honors six California Classified Employees of the Year – one in each of the following categories:
- Child Nutrition
- Para-educator (instructional assistants)
- Maintenance operations
- Office and Technical
- Support Services and Security
The 5 nominees that moved forward to resprent Stanislaus County in the State Recognition from each work category were:
- Cesar Fernandez of Ceres Unified- Maintenance Operations
- Chris Flores of Oakdale Joint Unified- Child Nutrition
- Jill Hayes of Modesto City Schools- Office & Technical
- Lily Madrigal of Hughson Unified- Para-Educator
- Aracelia Rodriguez of Waterford Unified-Support Services & Security
- Transportation: (No nominations submitted in this category)
State Winners were announced April 24th and 2 Stanislaus County nominees make up the 6 work catagory winners at the CDE State Recognition Program on May 24th in Sacramento!
Congratulations Lily Madrigal of Hughson Elementary, Hughson Unified School District and Chris Flores of Oakdale High, Oakdale Joint Unified!
Save the Date for 2019!
Reception Date: January 21, 2019
Time: 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
Location: Petersen Event Center, 720 12th Street, Modesto
The process is simple:
- Describe how this nominee is making a difference.
- Ask someone to write a letter to support your nomination.
Districts will select their own honorees and forward nominations to the County Office based on ADA:
- 0 – 4999 students = 1 nominee
- 5,000 - 9,999 students = 2 nominees
- 10,000 – 20,000 students = 3 nominees
- 20,000+ students = 4 nominees
Jane Johnston Civility Award
All nominees will have the opportunity to be considered for the Jane Johnston Civility Award presented by the Education Foundation of Stanislaus County. More information is included with the nomination application.
To nominate an employee:
- Complete the Nomination Form
- Print and collect signatures from Nominee, Supervisor, and District Superintendent
- Mail or email to:
Attn: Susan Rich
Route #000/1100 H Street, Modesto, CA 95354